Is God Calling You?
Do you want to spend more time on a mission team than the usual 1-2 weeks, but don’t think you are ready to become a full-time missionary? The United Methodist Church and Oklahoma Volunteers In Mission, in partnership with churches and institutions in the USA and other countries, has identified opportunities for individual volunteers, either single or as married couples.
Living in a different culture as Individuals presents challenges
that require certain attributes:
- Interpersonal relationship skills
- Cross-Cultural skills
- Physical and emotional health
- Interracial experience
- A great sense of humor
If you have these attributes, you are ready to be an Individual Volunteer!
The program requires that volunteers:
- Serve for 2 months or longer with host communities
- Complete the application forms and attend a training/orientation weekend prior to service
- Be in prayer about your calling
Volunteers will be greatly rewarded by:
- Finding joy in making new friends and relationships with people of other cultures
- Growing in your faith and learning more about God’s wonderful, beautiful world and God’s people who inhabit it!