Young People's Ministry
Connecting Young People To God, The Church, And The World
Mission of The Young People’s Ministry (YPM) is to “Motivate, Equip, & Resource” youth, young adults, youth & young adult leadership, and local churches.
Young People’s Convocation
- On July 18-22, 2018, United Methodist young people and adult workers from around the world will come together in Johannesburg, South Africa for the fourth Global Young People’s Convocation (GYPC) of the United Methodist Church.
- Worship. Young people will worship God in a variety of languages and expressions, celebrating each other as members of the family of God.
- Fellowship. This is the most extensive global gathering of United Methodist young people. It is a time for young people from different social, economic, cultural, political, and even theological backgrounds to come together.
- Leadership. GYPC is a time for leadership development as these young leaders attend workshops, share ministry stories from their contexts, and learn from other young people who came from different countries and cultures.
- Conversations. GYPC brings together the voices of young people from around the world. Through the Legislative Forum, young people will discuss significant issues being faced by the church and the world where they live. The Forum will produce legislation that will go directly to the General Conference of the United Methodist Church. Through this, young people have a chance to shape the direction of the church.
Young People’s Ministry Advisory Board
A group of committed, engaged, United Methodists from around Oklahoma who are passionate about young people’s ministry.
Committed to advising the Young People’s Ministry staff AND leading/supporting opportunities for young people in Oklahoma.
The committee will begin meeting this Spring and Summer!
OKUMC Conference Office Internship Program
– Learn how our statewide church runs.
– Be mentored by ministry professionals.
– Participate in a paid internship connected to church/nonprofit work.
Project Transformation’s summer of service experience for young adults offers hands-on opportunities to build mutually enriching relationships with under served children and youth, live in intentional community, experience cultural and socio-economic diversity, and explore various careers in ministry and service. Young adults can serve in cities across Oklahoma. (MORE)
OSU Wesley Foundation
OKUMC: Camping Ministries
- VOYAGE MOBILE DAY CAMPS
- Camp Ministry’s new Mobile Day Camp program is hiring college age young adults to serve as counselors throughout the summer! If you’re looking for a rewarding summer job and also have a desire to work with children and meet new people, this program may be for you!
- We’re looking for high-energy, adventurous young adults who are willing to work hard and take our camp program into churches and communities all over Oklahoma to show children the love of Jesus Christ and offer a camp experience that transforms lives.
- This is a paid position and all meals, housing, and transportation are provided.
- There’s also a limited number of half-summer contracts available if you’re only able to work the month of June or the month of July.
- You can apply online at https://okcamps.campbrainstaff.com or contact Neil Tate for more information at (405) 530-2018 or email@example.com
- CAMPGROUNDS: Canyon, Egan, & Cross Point are also hiring!
- Each of our three camp sites are also looking for summer staff. These paid positions range from lifeguarding and housekeeping to maintenance and food service.
- Contact Neil if you’re interested in a position at one of our camp sites and he will put you in touch with that Director.
Join Our Mailing List.